Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Learning

The taste of my own blood is clarifying. As it drips down from my nose my comrade asks if I'm okay. I smile and say, "yes." For what other answer can I give? The SEACA Systema, http://seacasystema.com/, warriors and warriors-in-training have been through far worse. They've served their country and family in too many ways to count, and they have endured far more than a bloodied nose. I breathe and blink once, i nod and I smile as my way of saying continue, there is more I need to learn. Knowing that my, "yes," helps me grow as a martial artist, that a tiny defeat or mis-step is a trifle in the span of a life that will take more than 150 million steps goo.gl/CkDHgD I learn from this moment and I allow this moment to train me to: manage my breathe, let my footwork move through me (instead of thinking about my footwork) and most of all, no matter how fatigued, I must keep my hands up. Lesson learned. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment